Friday, January 22, 2010

Reclaiming Life

A rejection always leaves a bad taste in mouth(Yuck!). In none of my narcissistic sugary B school day dreams did I ever think of the red line of pseudo-regret: you haven't been short listed. We wish u luck with your other endeavors. It is like being dumped( It's just not working between us...I hope u understand. It's not you it's me) They should have been more creative and honest.Like "you think you're good enuf for our Bschool, OUR bschool....HA!"A funny pill would have gone down my throat easily.

Anyways so that was one...i guess there are more rejection letters to come. Now is the time to grow philosophical wings. It's unfair how the things that you don't want keep dropping in your lap easily and frequently...while your true desires remain elusive(God's idea of humor maybe). I have never worried about any particular year much. But this year well is getting on my nerves already! It's so painful to "just miss" the mark. Neither here nor there. This sense of Unbelonging- it just gets stronger and stronger everyday. I feel like running. May be i will go for a run this evening. So much for the "universe conspires" theory! I just think i will go back to stuff I liked doing....instead of coming up with ways to market myself. Sheesh!

Meanwhile a good thing has happened too :-D. I am getting readers now. It's a great feeling seeing a comment. For a year i just wrote without bothering much about traffic or followers or comments. But now that i see people actually finding it worthwhile to spend time here...it's a pretty cool feeling. It's nice to see ya people. Keep em comments coming!


2 comments:

  1. hey commentaholic, ill do a paulo coelho here. 'Everything happens for a very strange reason. You're meant to be somewhere else that's all. Take the r word out of your dictionary. there's really no such thing.' Good luck !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I went through a similar phase last year when I had no job after finishing my engineering. The blog helped me spend some time and I agree with you on the comments, it really gives a high doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete