Monday, January 25, 2010

Hateful things

The more things change the more they remain the same, the saying goes. More or less a cliche but its realization never ceases to surprise me nonetheless. So when today I stumbled upon "The Pillowbook", I found myself grinning. In the year 999, the same date today, a lady called Sei Shonagan was probably sitting in her bed too, scratching her notebook with a quill, recording her memoirs and observations. Complaining about this and that. I was really amused to read her list of "Hateful things" and was inspired to compose my own(hehe! it was fun)

Men peeing in public. It makes me wanna shut myself in my room forever and never get out at all. Not even when i run out of conditioner. It immediately fills me with disgust. I hate it. It's even worse than people digging their noses in public. YUCK YUCK YUCK!

Mosquitoes(this was in Sei's list too :-D). But really they still do come to me with their awfully pitched serenades only when I am about to sleep.....A millenium has passed. They are still despicable.

It's cold and I am in a warm quilt, reading a novel to beat all novels, completely engrossed in the story and then someone will have to knock on your door. I ignore them at first, but they will keep you knocking till I get out of that heavenly, warm quilt and well open the door....and then they want help in doing something really mundane. Abominable

I am in college, chilling with my friends and a guy passes by who I am not much acquainted with and then one of the friends start telling about how great and rich and pretty and open his girlfriend(who you know nothing about) is. That makes me want to roll my eyeballs off.


I am downstairs, I hear my phone ringing upstairs, I hurry upstairs and it turns out to be one of those "prerecorded" messages from your service provider. Instant hatred.

I am standing in a local train for a long time in a passage. Another lady boards at some station asks every passenger where they will get down and books a seat for herself. I am half irritated at myself for not doing the same thing.

People I am trying to avoid and who know this because I have made it obvious to the point of being rude finding ways to place themselves in my proximity, overhear your conversation with your group and butt in the conversation and talking to everyone in the group except me.

A visitor arriving just when my favorite show is about to start, sitting in the living room, not speaking much, staying only as long as the show would last and promptly leaving when the hour passes.


This happened a lot last year when after squandering almost the whole day I would finally sit down with the books and a dear friend would call making me squander further and on hanging up i would find my studying enthu all gone.


Wailing babies.....ah! they cease to be cute when they are screaming at the top of their lungs on a hot day in a jam packed local train.


Drunkards...they stand in the middle of the streets and they hurl abuses left right and centre. Ugly. Even those over smart dharti pe bojh guys who can't keep their mouth shut when a girl passes by for that matter. Uglier cause they are sober.


speaking of ugly....
Rakhi Sawant.



I guess I will keep adding more as they occur to me. Lol! And i used to think that i am not a person to nurse grudges.








9 comments:

  1. u forgot the healthy looking beggars who just don't let you pass until u give them food coz they haven't eaten anything for the past three days

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha 1 common hate: pre recorded message from service provider. solution: assign my fav bollywood rigtone to it ! but the #$##% keep changing the numbers ! that's another pet peeve now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pan: lol ya they keep changing their numbers. very annoying


    @Shahid: i dint forget, they are not on the list...beggars never irritate me they only make me feel very sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha:) ugly rakhi sawant, thumps up,but i still wonder why she call herself "beautiful".she needs a good mirror.:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ! .. that was a lot of hate :)

    .. consider changing the template ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ashish: lol! i don't care much bout what she needs, but i definitely need a break from her.

    @Vinay: my hate ain't all tat permanent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey this i am with u on the RAKHI SAWANT hate thing....She is ugliest thing both by demeanour and looks on this planet :)

    And regading that aunty who keeps a check on whic passengers are about to get off the train..is she a manager or what...I would not be irritated at her but be in awe of her keen mindedness :D


    BTW i am NIsh..the person whose blog(www.totalgadha.com/tgtown/loser) u reviewed...Thanks for that review again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,loved the post. I'd have almost all of them on my hate list too. Especially, the lady booking a seat and the visitor during fav tv show! aaargh! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey...nice post..it was fun read...i absolutely hate it when ppl disturb me when i am reading a novel and it happens a lot as i live in a hostel...and i would never work for someone who thought Fountainhead was a bad novel.....cheers for Howard Roark...

    ReplyDelete