Saturday, June 13, 2009

Afterlife

I am 21 years and a day old. Yay me!
Examination day three and four came like thunder and went like lightning, though not as impressive as nature's original. Networking and DBMS were the two biggies, the destroy-it -all high power nuclear bombs, but they went with a pop! Dint give a lot of trouble and dint drive me mad enough to dedicate two separate columns to them. So i am short me niptaoing them here.
After my english teacher's call on my birthday, i was choked. Yet more when my bro related to me all the nice things she had said. It made me go awwwwwwwww. My birthday dinner was great too. I cut the cake under the open sky on the snazziest building of the newest mall in this area. When chatni and fodoo went all hush hush, i knew they were going to get the cake. But i pretended ignorance. Hehe. So that i could make my eyes go all wide in surprise. It was a sight. There it was a chocolate drum sticks and all and as the heavens and a few lucky mortals witnessed, we all got busy eating our own drum..lol. It was thrilling and since we were outside, i escaped the birthday special cream facial too.

We went to the top floor into a nice restaurant..the one with the captain and all and where the waiters guide you to your seat. We stepped into an enchanted forest night- with vines overhanging. The waiter guided us towards our tree, an owl perched on one of its branches, a giraffe staring lazingly at us. We were ceremoniously seated. At the head of the table i felt so Pocahontas. And the food...oh the food was amazing..mouth watering and so filling. I had accidently let it slip ;-) that it was my birthday and they brought us this amazing complementary chocolate cake with ice cream. After dinner we posed with the statue of a handsome red indian (with six pack abs ) prince statue. The mall was emptying. The shops had all closed and me and chatni waltzed there stupidly. More snaps and then we walked down the street like drunk loafers singing at the top of our voice.Oh it was such fun. I guess i am not over with it yet. No matter how they are, no matter what bitter things pass between us, one does need friends to feel happy alive and loved. I no longer want to be wretched over something someone did at some moment. I no longer want to judge my friends or assess how true their love for me is. I only feel grateful that they were there, that they came and we shared that moment of happiness. And i am thrilled. I am thrilled because i understand now. I had been looking for that perfect friendship where everything goes by the script like a fool. We cant erase the difficult times in our friendship- the tussles, the confrontations, the silent bitterness, the bitchiness. Its all human. But the fact that we could stick together despite the bad minutes of despair, the tears, the misunderstandings is the true testimony to our friendship.
Gosh! i think i really got wiser this year. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment