Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Friendship and the Fs

Our Training and Placement Officer is a schmuck. He is an incompetent self assuming technologically challenged asshole because otherwise he had no reason beneath the blue yonder to make me travel all the way to bucolic bantala to fetch a stupid note. My college is an outright abomination.

Friendship...well my best friend was lamenting about a soured friendship. I have had truckloads of them and have sulked about them a lot too. I never work hard to keep my friends anyway. They come, some stick,some slip and i just carry on. Infact today i had a scary realization. I never actually wanted to keep any of them. Ofcourse i have been very stupid. I can see that more clearly specially now that i am often finding myself tongue tied- unable to express, unable to think.

today's day was well not very productive. i still have the pain in my calf muscles- a gift of my over zealous skipping sessions. Its 1st April already and now i have got seven odd months before i take the common aptitude test. I am thinking of working out a schedule.

I completed Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe yesterday...i enjoyed reading it-the old ibo customs, their fundas, their customs. When the westerners discover Okonkwo's village, i was overwhelmed by a sense of helplessness. I wanted to protect the village from the government, the church. Though they brought science, education, law and a certain rationality i felt it was unfair of them to impose it on them. Okonkwo kills himself because he couldnt have changed. Whether the change was for the better, i couldnt decide. The tribe suffered from ignorance to a certain degree but they were wise. Their ways of functioning was different but not totally fatuous. Infact they were quite redolent of our indian villages.

No comments:

Post a Comment