Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Done all Wrong

The first storm of this year in Bengal.


It starts with a gentle wind, which gradually gets fiercer and then menacing, throwing dust at earth’s face, while the lightning looks on cackling with spite.


It’s a depressing night today. Or so i feel as i sit on my terrace, facing the storm, the wrongs, the injustice, the failures. There was a time when I believed that nothing ever could go wrong with me, that i was the luckiest person on earth, that i was a part of God’s great big plan. There was a time when i had faith. Was. Had.


It’s not that my personal disappointments qualify as any major tragedy. The world is faring much worse. I try to reason with myself (half heartedly) and fail at that too. My eyes keep welling up with my selfishness, and shedding it doesn’t unburden my heart. It’s dark now...and the sky is falling, its pieces sharp, soaking everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment